Dunwoody News Alert

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fiona Page tells stories

AJC, Metro, 11/09/06, by H.M. Cauley

Carter Center set to host storytellers

From the story:
Page plans to tell another touching story of her disabled mother's struggle to become a successful businesswoman. But perhaps her most moving story is her own: She lost her sight 19 years ago when she was in her 40s.

"It's meant a lot to me, going from the sighted world to a different one, to stay with storytelling," said the Dunwoody resident. "I was only a storyteller about six years when it happened, and I wasn't a very good one. Being a blind storyteller has made a major difference, because I have to use more imagination. And I've had to draw from within so much that it's made me feel more connected to people. I love encouraging others and making them laugh. That has fed me for 19 years."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home